Friday, April 19, 2013

Birthday Weekend



Over the weekend I celebrated my birthday in some of the best ways to date.  On Friday my husband worked from home instead of going into the office, took my son to preschool and let me sleep in a bit.  Then he brought me breakfast in bed that included all my favorite naughty things like Starbucks and pastries, and encouraged me to get out of the house for the day.  Mike told me I had no obligations until 6pm when he would take me to dinner at a local restaurant, Fig Tree.  I got ready at a luxurious rate, did some shopping and went to the bookstore to sip coffee, look at magazines and books for hours.  It was heaven.  Mike gave me a few thoughtful gifts that I had been wanting for a while.  It was an amazing, relaxing day to say the least.  I don't think I've had so much time to myself since Oliver was born.  Saturday I got my hairs did and we lazed around a bit.  Sunday my girlfriends surprised me with a delicious waffle brunch at my friend Caitlyn's house.  They are such a gift, the best friends I've ever had.  It was a wonderful birthday weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment